Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 7: {Writer Girl}:Own your greatness

"When we feel anger, we are often very angry that we feel anger.
Damn anger! It tells us we can't get away with our old life any longer.
It tells us that our old life is dying. It tells us we are being reborn, and
birthing hurts. The hurt makes us angry."
–Julia Cameron
This prompt had me laughing. I love how it helps break away from anger and think about doing something more constructive. As I thought about this piece of wisdom by Julia Cameron, I felt my resistance (that i wrote about yesterday) breaking away. My self talk about being "not good enough" and my resistance to pick up the paint brush thereafter. In order to break the resistance, in order to move through that negative self talk...i had to acknowledge the dying of this old belief. I had to face the voices and in spite of it just embrace the moment, embrace my light.

so here it is...the finished work...

Own your greatness


------------------------------------------------------------------
"Writer Girl: 42 Days of Exercises to Deepen Your Faith in Your Ability and Your Purpose for Writing" by Robin Norgren  is a wonderful book to begin to trust in my ability to write and to uncover my purpose for writing. I am going to do this. Yes, For 42 days. 
Like what you read? Subscribe to our newsletter

7 comments :

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.