Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 5: {Writer Girl} The art of letting go.

In spiritual life there is no room for compromise. Awakening is not
negotiable; we cannot bargain to hold on to things that please us
while relinquishing things that do not matter to us. A lukewarm
yearning for awakening is not enough to sustain us through the
difficulties involved in letting go.
It is important to understand that anything that can be lost was never
truly ours; anything that we deeply cling to only imprisons us.
-
Jack Kornfield
My Everyday push and pull...
breastfeeding my newborn (note the white wrap on my lap)
 just as I decide to get some work done

The journey of letting go is one of push and pull. The life that I lead is immersed in lessons on letting go. How much I learn is based on the stance I choose to take. The mind finds comfort in creating boundaries, identifying things and labeling them. And so I make to-do lists and must have goals. With a life full of untimely segues into poop cleaning, feeding, middle of the night cajoling, late afternoon play I can tell that I am setting myself up for that push and pull; the desire to get done with my lists and the pressing need to stay in the now. If my stance is " I need to/I must/I absolutely should get my stuff done now" then I can see myself spiraling down the vortex of frustration, multitasking and  complete abandonment of pleasure in reaching my goals. However if can set an intention and trust that I will manifest it, then I can let go of my neurosis around it and stay present in the right now.

And thus lies the answer in learning to let go: If you are frustrated, angry or indignant can you ask yourself: What is my stance with this situation? Am I holding too hard to it or can I trust myself enough to let go of my own neurosis?

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Writer Girl: 
42 Days of Exercises to Deepen Your Faith in Your Ability and Your Purpose for Writing" by Robin Norgren  is a wonderful book to begin to trust in my ability to write and to uncover my purpose for writing. I am going to do this. Yes, For 42 days. 

Like what you read? Subscribe to our newsletter

1 comment :

  1. when are you going to take your next break and go by auto to cafe coffeeday and chill! hope your next blog comes from there.

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.