Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Toddler activities: Making a gift for Daddy

I love to receive gifts and often the best gifts I have given are the one's I create from scratch. This evening Anika and I decided we'll make a gift for her Daada, her dad. It was the first time she heard of the word "gift" and for some reason it felt like she knew what it was. She was so excited when I took out color pencils, cardboard paper and finger paints, she knew were were painting and giving it to Daada. As always painting is fun for her. But this time, the fact that we were gifting it to her dad got her all excited. That's the thing about giving gifts I think, it generates this sense of giving that is so heart opening.  

Inspecting her art-gift

Here she is proud of what she did
A closer look at her gift to her father
She couldn't wait for her daada to come home, she sat him down the moment she entered home and explained her work to him!
It was such a wonderful opportunity to evoke feelings of kindness, generosity and connection. Anika and I also had so much fun doing this. She loves to paint and I allow her to do what she wants with it, but this time around I jumped in and showed her how to work with stamps and she seemed keen on learning it, she made hearts, flowers and apples out of her foam stamps!

It is a wonderful activity to engage with your toddler. Do connect with your toddler through this activity and let him experience the awesomeness in making gifts for those he loves.

Like what you read? Subscribe to our newsletter

1 comment :

  1. Ohh Myy Godd :-O Why you never showed me these photos before they are tooooooo awesome !!! Tighty huggs and kisses :*

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.