Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Staying focused in the Now

First Times

Everyday I am reminded of how quickly time flies... I see it in my toddlers refining language skills and understanding..now she doesnt merely watch me talk and then comply, she will counter argue  "no mamma, I dont want bathy," "I dont want to wash my kundi (bum in tamil) ( even though I pooped)" 
Loving Fill Flash on a particularly dark afternoon


If I make an observation about how she needs to change into another pair of pants because the one shes wearing is wet, she'll touch the dry areas of the pant n point out " its not wet!" 

Paiko has finally become tomato, ainka has become anika and she knows all our names too.

I see my baby boy now and I see how much like Anika he is.. That was her just two yrs back...I note the changes when I lift them, when I bathe them, when I hear crocodile tears... Just this morning she woke me by tickling me!! How quickly she has grown.




Day Two Love
I've heard my father say many times that time is a cruel wretch taking away youth, turning children into adults n transforming each of us in a blink of an eye. And here I stand at the start of that discovery... I dread what kindergarten n those first steps into boyhood n girlhood will do to me.

While I don't take change so easily.. My two little children are preping me just fine in the art of letting go. No you cannot force them to sleep on your schedule, you cannot will them to wear black pants when all they want is pink pants( we have 13 pairs of it by the way). You cannot get them to eat, not even trick them into it if they are not crazy hungry...easy does it then. I sit around watching them hoping I can still moments of love and tenderness, of precious first times and never agains. Of nights of wakefulness and afternoons of luxurious naps. What else can a mamma do?

1 comment :

  1. There were only 3 pink pants each of which were being washed thrice daily until I went with Tincan and bought 10 more !!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.