Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Personalized Alphabet Book

Ever since I discovered that I could use the Montessori method at home I have been at it. In love every step of the way to make playing with Anika intentional, fun, fun, educational and did  mention...fun! Today, at work during lunch I put together her very first personalized alphabet book! I had SO much fun doing this. By the time I got it printed, laminated and spiral bound, it was close to Anika's bedtime. But hey! that didn't take away from the absolute curiosity and thrill she got from looking at the picture book.

Here are some pages from her book!








Anika was so psyched by it! She sat for more than 20 minutes just flipping pages. I could have just got a hard bound picture book made but she still keeps everything in her mouth and experiments with tearing pages and tossing them across the room which is why just taking print outs in regular A4 and then laminating them was right for us!

We were both entralled by this activity and I didn't even think of grabbing my camera. Maybe I will add those in later.

Don't forget to check out the fabulous blogs up on my blogroll that link out to mom's, experts and wonderful women who teach me to be a better mom by example.

Update:  Here's a picture of the little one immersed in her book!



Like what you read? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!

10 comments :

  1. Wow. This is so beautiful. What a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archana: Thanks so much for your comment and welcome here. Glad you liked it. I try to make life at home as fun for the both of us and we both just adore this book!

      Delete
  2. Ohh Mmy Ggod!!! You are the most awesome mommy I have ever seen or even beyond what I could have imagined possible :* The alphabet book is really thrilling to see and I would have totally loved to look at Aniku when she first set eye on it. I am too proud of you my baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! Thanks appisa! pictures of you are her favorite btw!!

      Delete
  3. This is so very cool and innovative! A priceless treasure trove of memories!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shilpa! Thanks so much and welcome here. Yes, I totally love this book and anika comes back to it all the time!

      Delete
  4. This is a brilliant brilliant idea babe. you are on a roll with the creative exciting baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thanks P. The little time I get during the week makes me really want to be more optimal i guess...

      Delete
  5. wow Aarthi, what a superb idea.. its a great way to teach Anika :) just loved it..will try soon with Lv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vandana, thanks so much, lemme know how it goes with Lv, I am sure she'll love it. I love your blog vandana, its so amazing all the art and love that's goes on there! Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.