Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Doodles of Inspiration: Mou Saha


Hi, I'm Mou Saha, contributing writer for Creating Keepsakes magazine and an instructor at Big Picture Classes. My scrapbooking journey began when I saw my first issue of CK in March 2004.. first, I became a subscriber, then a contributor, dream team member and eventually contributing writer. I love to make layouts about my children and our everyday life. I love to experiment, particularly with mixed media techniques. There's something I do in every layout I make-I hand write my journaling as it is the most personal part of my scrapbooks. I also design for 7 Gypsies, Anna Griffin, Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts, Glitz Design, and October Afternoon. I am from India and currently live in Tampa, Florida with my husband, two kiddos and our newest addition, Brave the puppy. I'm loving every minute of this creative journey. {Aarathi Says: Mou blogs over at http://collagecollagecollage.blogspot.in/. I took a wonderful journalling class with Mou over at Big Picture Classes and I so love scrapbooking thanks to her! Thanks Mou, LOVE your Doodle!! }



Your favorite doodle of all time:

I don't have one particular favorite doodle. Sometimes I just doodle a word, or a flower or just about anything. I rarely repeat a doodle exactly.



How do you stay creative and mindful in your day-to-day life? 

I have made art a part of my daily life. Whether I'm writing an article for a magazine, blogging, designing a workshop, or just having fun with my children, I try to make something each day.

Your favorite quote: 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."-Theodore Roosevelt

How do you deal with overwhelming emotions (intense joy, sorrow, anger, indignation, etc)?: 

I keep art journals where I can process my emotions and get a better perspective of things.

Tips for readers to stay creative and mindful in the face of stress on one hand and boredom on the other: 

Whether you sing or dance or draw or do needlework, just do something that you like and focus on it... slowly it will ease your stress.

Like what you read? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks, Aarathi, for introducing us to the intensely artistic world and thoughts of Mou, and thanks Mou for carrying such a wonderful and direct message about using the creative process to deal with the challenges of daily life. Thank god it is a Sunday or the amount of time that I spent looking at your work would have got me into a tight spot, Mou.

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.