Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doodles of Inspiration: Liza Laird


Liza Laird is a 500hr registered yoga trainer and life coach. I met Liza at the 200hr yoga training program way ...way back. We practiced together and learned about yoga and spirituality together along with a group of some wonderful women. After the training, Liza made a bold (let me emphasize again) BOLD move of switching from a high paying job to become one of the most respected Yoga instructor and Life Coach the city of New York has seen! Liza offers some of the most interesting Yoga, coaching and spirituality treats. Go on over to www.lizalaird.com to know more. But before that, here is her amazing interview. Thanks Liza you are an inspiration!

1. Your favorite doodle of all time



I love this doodle because it seems endless, the flow loops in and out with no real end goal or result. It shows the jumble or constant ebb and flow of life.

2. How do you stay creative and mindful in your day-to-day life?

To stay creative and mindful in my day to day life I always try looking at things from a different perspective. This may mean I do a headstand to change my view or I contemplate other ways to look at things. In the morning I spend anywhere from 5 to 60 min writing to clear my mind and explore the day with and open and compassionate heart. I also take time to be present with my cat, Ike and dog, Cosmo. Their joy and curiosity always inspire me.

3.  Your favorite quote

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a focal point of the One Consciousness. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of the totality of consciousness that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~ Marianne Williamson

4. How do you deal with overwhelming emotions (intense joy, sorrow, anger, indignation, etc)?

By being with them and breathing into them. Rather than being reactive and allowing the emotions to rule my world I notice when I am becoming overwhelmed and I stop what I am doing. I let the tears, the joy, the anger flow and when I have allowed the intensity to pass there is clarity that arises.

5. Tips for readers to stay creative and mindful in the face of stress on one hand and boredom on the other

Be with your inhales and exhales. Stay curious. Try new perspectives by moving your body or seeing life through another's eyes. 



Like what you read? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!

2 comments :

  1. Aarathi, you are so "connected" with all these wonderful people! Love these segments! I like your contemplative photography slide show over there on the right too! And your baby is delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love these interviews too..This is my last one for now. Thanks for looking through the pictures :-)

      Delete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.