Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

*Doodles of Inspiration*: Interview Series from this August



What is Doodles of Inspiration?

Doodles of Inspiration is a bi-monthly sneak-peek at the lives of every-day life heroes, my role models who live a life of mindfulness, creativity and healthy mental health everyday. A life of creativity, mindfulness and mental well-being is deeply beneficial to everyone. By looking at the lives of some inspirational people I believe that we can be motivated to partake in creativity and mindfulness in our own lives everyday. 

Why is the series called Doodles of Inspiration?

I request my interviewees to doodle one or more of their most favorite and oft scribbled doodles (like something they would scribble while they are on the phone talking to someone maybe) and then I ask them four questions that I hope will be a source of inspiration for readers and me.  

I ask my interviewee to doodle because for me doodling is a metaphor of the tip of the iceberg to creativity, it represents the creative/mindful person within (we are all taught to draw in school and often we have a doodle from childhood that we can draw automatically) and it denotes a need for practice, which will eventually blossom the artist within us all. 

Of course, creativity is not just something within the visual arts, its anything that puts you in the space of complete oneness with what you are engaged. So for those who feel they are not creative wait and watch the array of people that are interviewed here and what they think of creativity and mindfulness and how you can participate in your life with these ingredients.

I thrive on being inspired by people who practice mindfulness, creativity and healthy mental well-being. I think we can learn a lot from the lives of others and become motivated to live better.  I hope you receive oodles of inspiration to look into your live and find the same treasures these wonderful people have found in theirs! 

How can I participate?

I am so excited for more people to participate! Always always! Doodles of Inspiration is an effort to encourage and motivate others (and myself) to practice creativity, mindfulness and mental well-being in the face of life's ups and downs. It is also an effort to build a community of folks interested in these aspects. There are a few ways to participate:

1. Send me one or more of your favorite doodles of all time along with your bio/your website's bio. At the end of every month I will put them together for all the readers. Not only is this a fun way to network but also a great way to build a community of like minded individuals, no? You can email me at aarathi[dot]selvan[at]gmail[dot]com. 

and/or

2. If you are not into doodling them just send me a picture you have taken that represents fun and creativity to you along with your bio and I will put that up! You can email me at aarathi[dot]selvan[at]gmail[dot]com. 

and/or

3. If you simply want read more of Between Life's Doings and stay connected to all the wonderful things that is to be then sign up for our monthly newsletter 

Stay tuned! All the fun starts this August!! 

Like what you read? Sign up for our monthly newsletter!

5 comments :

  1. I just found your wonderful inspiring blog! Which is just what I needed at the moment... :) I too dabble in, or is that doodle in, :) painting with CrayPas oils, and enjoy photography. I plan on getting the same book on contemplative photography by the way :) I recently have gotten back to doing my little CrayPas doodles to deal with some anxiety I have been experiencing. I like that your focus is on mindfulness (awareness), creativity, and mental health/well-being. Looking forward to your "Doodles of Inspiration." Will they be posted here, or do I need to sign up for the newsletter? Thanks for the inspiration today! Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine! Did you know that you are on my blogroll?? I LOVE your blog. I have it up there for several months now. How did you chance upon my blog? I have not commented on your blog until now but I love LOVE your poetry! I am so happy to see your comment here. I will be posting the interviews here. I look forward to more of our interactions!! oxox

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I see it there! Thank you! I am humbled - sharing such good company. :) I found your blog because I was checking the "stats" section on my blog, which lets me see who is reading it, and this interesting name kept popping up :) "aarathiselvan.com" and because I was curious to see who it was I clicked on it and there you were! :)

      I forgot to mention before that I am going to be taking a 5 week on-line art course in September through True Bloom http://braveintuitiveyou.com/e-course/ to spark my creativity. :)

      I've enjoyed going back and reading some of your previous posts.

      Will be watching for the interviews!

      BE well :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that link! I wish the course was not that expensive, please let me know how it was for you and I will save up for it :-) So glad you chanced upon my blog christine! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hi Baby! I saw this post just yesterday and then realized why you asked me what doodle I draw a few days ago on the phone. This is a cool activity you are planning and I would be on your third suggestion because I do not doodle nor do I take photos :-( Does that make me a non creative chap ? Maybe that's why my trainer keeps saying I have to loosen up. I hope your journey in August helps me to loosen up yaar. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.